Tuesday 4 October 2016

Working experience.

This last summer has been a busy summer. Apart from the September tests, extra reading, and summer work, I was able to do three weeks of working experience on a biochemistry laboratory, and I can’t be more happy about taking that decision.

In August, during three weeks, I worked in the biochemistry and hematology laboratories of Hospital La Beata Santa María, in Madrid. There I worked in a professional environment mainly in the blood analysis process and identification of pathogens in body fluids such as urine through different chemical tests. It really helped me to develop my lab skills, my efficiency and made me use to work in a lab environment and also to discuss topics related to it. The people I worked with were amazingly helpful, and I would like to give thanks again from here to Cata, Vio and Paz, cause they made the experience as amazingly productive and instructive as fun. 

I’m not going to post a lot of pictures in the blog due to the privacy of both patients and workers of the centre, but I would like to at least post this one picture that particularly attracted me, which is the coagulated blood from a patient “frotis” with high level of eosinophils. 



Again, thank you very much,Beata team, this experience couldn’t have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment